learn. discover. build.
The BUILD YOUR INTENTIONAL BOOKSHELF WORKSHOP is an action-taking event to learn how to find the right books for your home library.
Every family will receive a welcome package filled with my book, children's books and worksheets - totaling over $60 value.
3581 MISSION INN AVE
MAY 27, 2017
10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
$48 PER FAMILY
LIGHT BREAKFAST REFRESHMENTS
WILL BE PROVIDED.
This is a family event, we want your kids to attend with you! There will be a story time, family book scavenger hunt, games, learning toys and plenty of fun activities during the entire event.
Why is it important to thoughtfully choose books for your child's library?
- Learn the method
- Break down the "Intentional Bookshelf" model
What does your family's intentional bookshelf include?
- Follow the 3 step planning process
- Set bookshelf goals and create a plan
How do you find the right books among so many choices?
- Find books that align with goals and plan
- Participate in a scavenger hunt to create your family's unique booklist
Countdown to the Workshop
Beyond the wealth of knowledge and fun that this workshop promises, your family ticket also includes a welcome package* totaling over $60 in value -
- A signed copy of The Intentional Bookshelf
- Bookshelf planning workbook
- Colorable bookmark
- Four of our favorite children's books
- Raffle ticket to be entered into winning children's books and learning activities
*one welcome package per family ticket
- 10:30 am - 10:45 am | Greetings + check in (light breakfast refreshments will be served)
- 10:45 am - 10:55 am | Introducing your host and the concept of The Intentional Bookshelf
- 10:55 am - 11:25 am | Learning phase
- 11:25 am - 11:50 am | Story time for kids
- 11:50 am - 12:20 pm | Discovering phase
- 12:20 pm - 12:50 pm | Building phase
- 12:50 pm - 1:30 pm | Wrap up + giveaways
There will be lots of fun activities for the kids to engage in during each phase. No need to stress, your littles will be entertained!
Meet Your host
Samantha Munoz is a mother, wife, engineer, bibliophile and avid coffee drinker. She is also the expert kid's lit curator here at Addison Reads and author of The Intentional Bookshelf. Sam writes children’s book reviews to guide parents as they search for the perfect books for their little ones and helps moms and dads build a library with a purpose. Once a seriously overwhelmed and stressed out parent herself, Sam turns to children's literature for the answers to all of her parenting dilemmas. She loves when it rains because it gives her an excuse to stay inside and read with her daughter!
Are you ready to start finding books for your child that actually reflect their values and interests and build your intentional bookshelf?
The Intentional Bookshelf Workshop